OOTOD (Outfit of the Other Day!) - Turquoise Floral Dress

1
I seem to have a habit of cheating a little and posting outfits from the "other" day, however with our weather being so topsy turvy at the moment and my hectic schedule I take my photos whenever the sunshine lets me! I was meaning to post this on Sunday when I wore it, but real life took over so you can have it today instead :)

"Today's" outfit of the day consists of an AX Paris Curve dress which is exclusively available over on the Simply Be website.  I've never tried on any AX Paris branded clothes before but I have been lusting after their sequin skirt prom dress as seen on What Laura Loves since Autumn last year.  This turquoise floral dress is really vibrant in real life compared to the photos - but that makes this dress a very pretty summer dress.  I would say it is more of a day dress than an evening one because it isn't as exquisitely made as the Paper Dolls dresses I recently had the chance to review.  That said, the price tag of £32 makes this dress very affordable and is perfectly on trend for Summer 2013.

This AX Paris Curve dress is made from very lightweight fabric making it extremely cooling for hot weather.  The stitching isn't as neat as some other brands that I own, but the zip really makes up for this.  The amount of dresses I have broken from flimsy zips is unbelievable due to my broad back.  This zip is a really heavy duty bronze coloured zip which compliments the turquoise colour of the dress.  


Floral Dress: AX Paris Curve @ Simply Be*, £32, Cardigan: New Look, Heels: River Island

I am wearing a size 20 dress - I went up a size because I was aware that this dress didn't have any kind of shirring or elasticated waist, however the dress is a little roomy which I think it possibly a good thing as it kind of skims right over my tummy.  I would say that this dress is possibly cut a little bigger than usual, but in order to tell for certain if it is a brand wide feature, I would really need to try on a few more dresses.  It doesn't have any stretch in it at all, however so if you are between sizes it would be worth ordering the bigger version. It does need a good bit of ironing, and I am not that great at it... as you can probably tell from the photos!

This AX Paris Curve dress comes just to the knee which makes it safe for work or old relatives!  Overall, I am pleased with my first experience of AX Paris Curve and would definitely like to try more of their garments.  I have matched this turquoise floral dress with a pink cardigan from New Look, Jewelled Heels from River Island from many seasons ago and I'm not 100% sure where my bracelet is from.  I think that the colour of the cardigan and accessories really compliments this dress and my skin tone.

This dress has extremely low stock at the moment - and sold out in some sizes, but generally comes in a UK size 12 to 32. 
 

1 comment: