Day One: The 30 Day Blogger Challenge (The Story of Your Life)

3
Day one of the 30 day blogger challenge is here - The story of your life in around 250 words...

As a little girl I was, well let's just say... not the prettiest of things. I remember being bullied rather a lot for having bad teeth (think Bugs Bunny!) and being fat. At the time it was horrible but rather than making me dread school, it made me determined to succeed.

I was bullied the whole way through primary and secondary, I remember having a crush on one of the 'popular' boys and basically being laughed at. Despite all this I made it through and went on to University to study Computer Science (GEEK!). I moved away to go to Uni and it was nice to see a bit of the world and meet new people. It was while I was away that I started to become more interested in fashion and I started to become more comfortable with how I look.

After finishing Uni I moved back to my home town and couldn't believe it when comments started to appear on Facebook about “how good I look” and “would I like to go for a drink?”, often from the same people who'd bullied me so much at school. I know this makes me sound cocky but it was so good to kind of put two fingers up to them (can I say that?!).

Anyway about 3 years ago, after a few failed relationships, I met Mr F.H and I have never been happier! We're engaged and hopefully getting married next year! I am excited looking forward to my future and waiting to see what it will bring...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read about the bullying, I've been there sounds a lot like my school experience. Best of luck for the future x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids can be so cruel. You are beautiful. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children can be so nasty to other children, but I think it says a lot about those of us who have become better people because of it! I hope the wedding planning is going well - I loved it! You'll be a beautiful bride. x

    ReplyDelete