The Gemma Collins Collection @ Simply Be

0
For those of you who don't know who Gemma Collins is, where have you been!?  Gemma Collins is a plus sized star from the structured reality television show "The Only Way is Essex" or TOWIE for short.  I am going to be completely honest now and admit that I have never watched an episode but many of my friends do.  Even though I don't watch it, I know who Gemma Collins is.  I've seen her own official website, on the covers of magazines and more recently in a clothing line designed in collaboration with Simply Be.  

When I first saw the Gemma Collins' original collection on Simply Be, I felt that the dresses were either a little too figure hugging or too flouncy for my kind of style so I was very pleased when Simply Be announced they had released a new collection and this time it is much more suited in my opinion to curvier ladies like myself.  I really think that Simply Be and Gemma Collins have really got it right with a collection that includes maxi dresses and of course Gemma's signature bodycon style too. Let's take a look at a couple of the pieces now.


I have to say this is my favourite piece from the new collection.  I think the colours and print are absolutely stunning and it is perfect for these humid evenings we have been getting here in the UK.  At £55, the price of this dress may put some people off but when you consider that some of the maxi dresses in Gemma's physical store are £75 (yes £75!) the price of this dress doesn't seem that bad.  This dress is currently available in sizes 12 to 32, however many of the sizes are selling out fast so if you do love this dress it probably won't last long enough to end up in the sale.  

There couldn't be a Gemma Collins collection without bodycon in there somewhere.  I am a little nervous when it comes to bodycon because I am blessed with lovely love handles that I am trying to tame by taking up spinning!  (Scary!)  Gemma on the other hand rocks this new dress and what I love most about this dress is the illusion effect that is very flattering and the awesome tropical print panel to the front.  I can imagine being somewhere abroad and wearing this dress to dinner (providing my confidence kept up!).

If you are a little nervous about body con like I am, there is a saviour - shapewear.  Pop a basque under this dress and it will smooth out any bumps which is what I will do when I finally take the plunge and order a bodycon dress.

Gemma Collins said about the new collection: “I love the new pieces in my high summer collection and I can’t wait to see all the curvy girls working my summer bright designs! I can’t wait to wear all the pieces over the summer!”

See the full collection now over at Simply Be - which is your favourite? :)

0 comments: