All About My Christmas...

0
I've seen many bloggers posting a Christmas edition of "get to know me" and I thought it would be fun to join in!  I love Christmas, putting the decorations up, spending time with family and friends, choosing gifts for other people and of course now I have a five year old step son, things are a lot more magical around here!

What do you usually do on Christmas Eve?
These days, my Christmas Eve's alternate as once every two years we have my step son for Christmas Eve.  Last year, Mr FH and I spend Christmas Eve at our local curry house and enjoyed a romantic meal.  This year we will spend it together as a family watching Christmas movies snuggled up on the sofa.


Who do you spend your Christmas Day with?
Before my dad passed away, I spent Christmas day with my parents, my half-sister, her husband and my niece.  These days, things are a lot different and I spend Christmas day with my mum, Mr FH, my step son (for half of the day) and Mr FH's parents and auntie.

Do you enjoy giving or receiving gifts?
100% giving gifts for this one.  I love choosing gifts for people and spending the time to choose something that I hope they will love. I also like surprising my family with gifts and seeing their faces when they open them.  I must admit I'm not great at receiving gifts as I don't like to be the centre of attention when people open their gifts one by one.  I get a little shy!


What are you wearing on Christmas Day?
This year, I had two options. One was a gorgeous black, red and gold lace skater dress with red heels and the other was a purple embellished dress from new look with gorgeous purple kitten heels.  I've opted for the purple number although I think I might get a bit cold!  It's a bit of a tradition for my mum and I to buy something new to wear each Christmas Day.


Do you enjoy shopping for gifts for loved ones?
I really enjoy choosing gifts for my family and friends.  I have quite a small network of people to buy for, but I get super organised and get everything done as early as possible.


Have you ever received a gift you didn't like but pretended you did?
Yeah, I think that everyone goes through this. I'm not un-greatful so there's no way that I would tell someone I didn't like a gift!  I do know people, however who do tell you they don't like something and I find that really bratty!

What would your ideal Christmas be?
I'd love to go somewhere with snow, in a log cabin with family and friends and have a Christmas in front of a wood fire. That would be amazing!
 
What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received?
This one is a bit difficult as I have received some lovely gifts over the years. Although it's technically not a Christmas gift (It was meant to be), probably Mr FH proposing to me.  He was going to do it on Christmas day then changed his mind and did it on New Years Eve to make it even more magical.  Another of my favourite gifts was a pair of pink crystal earrings from my dad but unfortunately I lost them a long time ago which makes me feel really sad.

If you could choose one person to spend Christmas with, who would it be and why?
Apart from my family of course, I wish I could have my dad back for just one more Christmas. Since he passed away, things have been very different around Christmas time.   












0 comments: